Wednesday, June 1, 2011

49 Confessions of Why I Run:

49 Confessions of Why I Run:

·         I run because I CAN!
·         I run for peace of mind, body & soul....
  •   I run because it cleans my body and mind. It is my drug used without moderation.
·         I run because it gives me time to escape, time to daydream, time to focus and time to think about what's really important to me...
·         I run because I love the adrenalin rush and the satisfying feeling of fitness I feel after I've finished.
·         I run because it empowers me!!!
·         I run…to find myself.
·         I run to change my life for the better.
·         I run to say in shape and fit.
·         I run so that I can live longer and spend more years with my twins.
·         I run....because it's cheaper than therapy :)
·         I run because it helps me clear my head! And, it feels great!
·         I run to spend more time with my twins – via pushing them and teaching them exercise.
·         Why I run: My world is colliding at every turn…too much going on at all times.  Running is my solace…my peace….my recharge to try it all again tomorrow.
·         I run to prove to my daughter that women are strong and can accomplish their dreams.
·         I run for me.
·         I run to be challenged.
·         I run to share time with friends.
·         I run to see the forests early in the morning and witness the earth’s beauty under the soles of my feet - and before my eyes.
·         I run to be healthy, to be outside, to teach my kids about fitness, to satisfy my competitive spirit and because while all my minutes are dedicated to being a mommy, my time running is MINE... (even when I'm pushing them in the stroller)
·         I run to find time in my day to contemplate the life path that I’m on.
·         I run because it keeps me grounded.
·         I run for better health and sexy legs!
·         I run because it’s fun.
·         I run for my sanity. I have a hubby, kids, a stressful job and a busy household. Running keeps me SANE...oh, and having nice thighs and legs don't hurt either!
·         I run for health and to show my kids fitness is for a lifetime.
·         I run because I LOVE to eat.
·         I run because I LOVE wine.
·         I run because I LOVE margaritas.
·         I run to eat and drink even MORE!
·         I run for my mental health.
·         I run because it takes me places....
·         I run to know myself better, feel my strength, and revel in the joy of surpassing what I thought were my limits.
·         I run because it keeps me sane. And because my husband and kids think I get cranky when I don't get a run in...
·         I run because it makes me "ME", and I can teach my twins there is never a finish line, only another race and trail to complete.
·         I run because it's the only alone time I get some days...
·         I run for respect.
·         I run to prove I won't quit on myself.
·         I run to help me cope. Running is my Prozac.
·         I run to enjoy bagel day at the office.
·         I run to have a Saturday morning appointment.
·         I run to see more places when I travel.
·         I run races for the goodie bags.
·         I run to PR against myself at races…not others.
·         I run to push my twins and teach them about sitting still for 30 minutes in close proximity – and getting along.
·         I run for the bling…Big. Shnazzy. Medals.
·         I run for cool race t-shirts.
·         I run to remind myself that this is always easier than given birth to twins.
·         I run to have something to blog about J
 
....some of these have been inspired by others to me today, National Running Day, and over the years....others are ones that I have engrained into my runs each time someone asks me....Why do YOU run?

1 comment:

  1. I run because I can. That may sound absurd, but it's not. I can run so I do.

    ReplyDelete