Thursday, May 5, 2011

Race Number 41 with my training partners!

As I shared earlier this week, last weekend, I ran a crazy running bonanza weekend.  A 5k and a Half Marathon - 13 hours apart.  Just today the race posted pictures from the 5k.  And guess what - I think I've found my favorite :)

This race was number 41.  Yes, over the course of the last couple months, I've done my best to actually determine how many races I have pushed the twins in.  Last Friday night, on April 29th, I pushed them in number 41.  This is summer number 6 they've been traveling in this exact same stroller.  They are now too big for the seat belts, old enough to adjust the sun visor on their own, and ornery enough to sometimes drag their feet on the ground on purpose to get my attention for one of their pressing questions that they might have for me mid-race. 

I found out from my sister-in-law about thirty minutes before the race that the rules said 'No Running with Strollers'.  Guess what....I kinda pretended I didn't hear her  :)  This summer I plan to soak up my last chances to take my little 'training partners' out with me on Saturdays for races.... This is a time in my life I will never get back and I really really do enjoy it. Heck, I ran my second marathon ever when I was pregnant with them.  NOT having them with me truly seems un-natural.

So, of the 4,500 5k runners last weekend, I'm pretty sure I was the only one running while pushing 100 pounds of twins plus an old jalopy stroller at a 29 minute race pace.  To the Illinois Marathon staff and volunteers - thanks for not stopping me for a rule that was probably well grounded for the quantity of people in that short race....but I appreciate it :)  Running around the inside of Memorial Stadium while pushing my kids to the Black Eyed Peas is a feeling I may never forget :)

I GOTTA FEELING!

No comments:

Post a Comment