Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Post Christmas Day Blues....



Ok...It's not Christmas....it's mid-April.  Very confusing out of the gate.  BUT, tonight I have the same feeling I do on December 26th.  The feeling that Christmas gifts are over, family has went home, and no fun in sight FOR EVER.  Many people - including Chris - think I'm crazy.  I've just finished the marathon, I should be on top of the world, now I'm just sad it is over  :(   I'm tempted to eat a bag of gas station donuts (a wonderful specialty item my mom and dad bring to town and leave for the twins) and look over pictures of me in shape and running fast while I gorge and drink my own personal bottle of wine.  I digress...


I do have a half marathon in two weeks that will be here again soon and then a bunch of other fun races in the weeks following it.  But geez... marathons only come along once a year and they take 20 weeks of your life in preparation - even more than the Christmas season hype!  So, don't call me a pathetic loser so quick....just allow me to sulk a little bit in the sadness of the season coming to a close as I look for some new inspiration and motivation - and maybe a little bit of wine and gas station donuts in the mean time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment